Harriette is one of our Midwives and also a Lactation Consultant. She is happy to arrange a one-on-one consultation with you whilst you are still pregnant or after you have had your baby to discuss your individual feeding goals and needs, e.g. Antenatal colostrum expression, breastfeeding techniques and positions.
You may also wish to discuss other aspects of baby-care, such as settling and newborn sleep.
You may have certain conditions that may influence your baby’s feeding e.g. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Gestational Diabetes, Gastric Sleeve surgery, Breast surgery, Thyroid disease, Caesarean birth, inverted/flat nipples and may wish to discuss your feeding needs before or after your baby is born.
Your baby may have been born preterm or have spent some time on bottles or nipple shields and may need some help and support to transition back to breastfeeding.
Harriette can also provide specialised attention for all kinds of feeding issues.
- Attachment, positioning, feeding and settling
- Sore Nipples
- Oversupply, gassy babies
- Undersupply, poor weight gains and growth
- Formula feeding-types of formulas, bottles, teats etc.
- Night-time weaning
- Expressing/storing breastmilk for paid working mums or other situations that you may want to give are placement/top up feed
- Introducing solids-how to of baby led weaning/purees
- Introducing expressed breast milk or formula
- Weaning part time/full time from breast